Wednesday, February 5, 2020

God is the I am

God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
Exodus 3:14


How interesting that God chooses to reveal Himself to us as the "I am." He knows that one of our greatest struggles will be doubts over whether He exists, so He reveals Himself to us as the great I am: the God who is, who was and who will always be. 

Make no mistake God exists not to satisfy your doubts but by necessity. God must exist. And Hebrews 11:6 tells us that if we are to please Him, we must believe He exists. 
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

But believing in God is sometimes difficult... even for the believer. Many days I find myself living as though God were not real, or at least as though He had no meaningful impact on my reality. It is so very easy to let the things of this world, the things we can see and touch, take up all our time and attention. We need to be reminded, even as believers, that God is real. 

So today let's start with a firm conviction that God is real. Lift your eyes off the demands of this world and cast them on Him. God is big enough for your doubts and questions. He sees them coming, and He has the answers ready. But you must believe that He is the I am and seek Him in order to find Him.

No comments: