Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Three Little Commitments

I will be careful to lead a blameless life...
I will not look with approval on anything that is vile...
I will have nothing to do with what is evil.
Psalm 101:2-4 (selections)


Any Believer who will make these three little commitments, will change their life to its very core. It's sad, but many believers today lack holiness. They aren't separate from the world in any way. They claim to believe in Jesus, but their lives show no change. Let's be different by making each of these commitments with the psalmist today.

"I will be careful to lead a blameless life."
Let me be blameless, Father. May I not be greedy. May no unkind words or deceit or inappropriate joking come from my lips. Help me to live blamelessly, Lord. Make me blameless in business, blameless in my finances, blameless in my marriage and with my kids. May those who seek to discredit You find no reason to do so in my life.

"I will not look with approval on anything that is vile."
Father, forgive me for how much time I have spent watching worthless things. Lord, please change what we as believers watch. Change what we view as entertainment, what we find joy in watching. Even as we seek not to be judgmental of our brothers and sisters in Christ, give us the wisdom to never approve of anything that is vile, because we know that You do not.  

"I will have nothing to do with what is evil."
Help me to flee even the appearance of evil. Keep me clean from its stain. Forgive me for the times I've allowed myself to indulge in sin. Change my heart, O God. Help me to understand that each time I'm tempted, I make a choice between sin and You. May I always choose You! I want nothing to do with evil.

James 4:4 says, "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." 

Watch yourself, Believer. Be careful not to become worldly. We know that this world is under the power of the Adversary, and you don't want to be counted among his friends. Rather, by God's Spirit, reject evil, vile, and sinful things just as Jesus did.

No comments: